Thursday, January 26, 2006

Juggling and Love

A couple months ago, a woman named Leah from an online dating site contacted me because she could juggle a little and wanted to me to teach her to juggle clubs. As much as I'd love to meet women who are interested in juggling, her profile indicated that she was considerably more religious than I. So I sent a simple rejection but suggested that a juggler friend of mine might be more suitable. She persisted with me so I gave her a chance - a phone call then later out to dinner and a little juggling back at her apartment. She was nice enough, but not what I'm looking for. I suggested again that she allow my friend Yaakov to contact her and this time she agreed.

One down, one to go. Yaakov took a bit of convincing, too. He resisted, finding fault in her profile. It took me a while to show him that he misinterpreted what she wrote but eventually I got him to contact her.

Well, they went out and clicked immediately. I followed their relationship through her blog and going out with and calling Yaakov. I even get together with them both once.

The wonderful news is that they called me last night to announce that they are engaged. I'm so happy for them. They should make each other very happy.

I'm so proud to be responsible for setting them up.

Who's going to help me find a juggler woman?

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Leah Goodman said...

Thanks. You didn't suggest Yaakov to me til after we met. but yes, you did try to brush me off ;)

thank you so much, Scott, really.
Leah

 
At January 27, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Scott Seltzer said...

Footnote: a day after the engagement, I got a phone call from someone asking for information about the Jerusalem juggling club. After chatting a bit he told me that I'm signed up for his dating site, KosherStars.com, the very site that I met Leah on. So I told him the wonderful news about the match that ensued.

He seemed to have a good time passing with lots of people at the club.

Another footnote: I was just surfing around about Jewish dating and found his fairly anonymous blog but recognized him based on the conversations we had. I wish him luck with his juggling and dating.

 
At January 29, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger Leah Goodman said...

We now have a website.
http://www.yaakov-and-leah.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home