Tuesday, January 17, 2006

That Eventful Day

I remember well the day that I really decided I was quitting my day job. Yeah, I'd been thinking about it on and off for many months, even years. And even though I was very serious about it for a while, I was nervous about taking the plunge.

I remember calling my friend, Natasha, from work and she told me that I sounded sad. I got off the phone and thought about it a lot on my drive home. Within a few minutes of driving, I knew that I had to quit my job - it was being at work that had made me so depressed.

I can't tell you how relieved and happy I felt for the rest of the car ride. I was breaking free!

From that point on, there was no turning back - I knew what I had to do. Ok, it took me a while to make it official to my boss at work, but that's mostly because I was working out the many logistics. But going back to work has been so much easier since, because I know that the end is near.

Whoopee!

1 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Adult decision.

When you have the balls ache the best solution is to cut them.
What will you leave in the next depression?

Your friend, coworker and "idiot"
Anna Nymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home