Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Not Just Juggling

Yes, I'm totally obsessed with juggling. But I want to point out that I have other important reasons for quitting my job.

My daughters are the most important things in my life. Unfortunately, my visitation rights are one night/week, one afternoon/week, and alternate weekends. Because I work until late, on the one nights/week days, I would often get to them only between 5-6pm and there wasn't a lot of time to spend with them before they had to go to sleep. Usually there was just time for dinner and either an art project, game, or video before bed. The one afternoons/week were a total bust and mostly didn't happen since it wasn't practical to take them out for two hours or less (esp. taking into account required travel time).

Anyway, after I stop working, I'll be able to pick them up from gan (kindergarten), and spend all afternoon with them. I'm so much looking forward to being able to do many things with them.

Other things (besides juggling/performing and spending time with my kids) that I will do with my spare time include:
  • Expand my freelance computer business. I do web design and databases.
  • Volunteer work - I've already contacted an organization that I'd like to help with their computer systems and/or other administrative tasks.
  • Be more politically active. I should make more time for the activities of The Women in Green.
  • Find a mate. Find out all about me and what I'm looking for from my JDate profile (No, JDate isn't JuggleDate).
  • Online projects - personal web pages (including maintaining this blog) and also several things for the IJDb.
  • Finish a book that I've been working on for years. Working title is "Five Ball Mastery."
  • Try to get published a children's book that I wrote many years ago.
  • Personal challenges - I want to learn to do a handstand and maybe to joggle the Jerusalem Half Marathon.
  • Have lots of fun!
I'm sure I'll find a few more things to do, too. All in all, I intend to keep busy.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Leah Goodman said...

nice goals.
best of luck with all of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home