Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Juggling Goals

Ok, the last post sounded like new year's resolutions, so I'll add some of the things I'd like to do with juggling in 2006 and beyond:

  • Perform enough that I can support myself. That's the main goal for the future.
  • It's always been a dream to perform on a cruise ship. There are some that go around the Mediterranean via Israel and I'm going to see what I can do to get booked.
  • Compete in the IJA Competitions. I wrote an outline of a routine in August of 1997 (the first day of the 50th IJA convention in Pittsburgh) and have developed it on paper a little bit. Now I just have to work on the tricks!
  • Get 6 balls solid (over 1000 throws). I recently started working on it again and as of this week my best is 168 throws. It feels much more relaxed and possible than 7 balls.
  • Get a new best with 7 balls. My average is certainly getting better but my personal best of 156 throws is nearly 2 years old.
  • Get more 5 club tricks solid. Of course 5 club backcrosses and 3-up pirouettes are high on my list.
  • Post some more original creative/technical videos on my website. I have a small list of trick ideas already.

Um. I hate making these kind of lists because I know that after I write it, I'll think of more things that I forgot to include.

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Are you considering this year's IJA in Portland, Oregon?

Have you considered competing in the WJF?

 
At January 24, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Scott Seltzer said...

I consider going to the IJA every year, but it's pretty far away and expensive. At least this year I won't have the excuse of taking vacation days from work... I would only go if I really thought my competition routine was good enough to medal.

I would consider attending the WJF but I'm not quite the caliber to compete in it. I love juggling but I don't take practicing that seriously. I'm flattered that you even suggested it, though.

 
At January 25, 2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you perfect your Shlomo Carlebach juggling routine yet ? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home