Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Getting More Shows

For me, performing is simple. The business side of things is very difficult, though. The hardest parts for me are marketing and negotiating fees.

I've calculated a budget and based on that, my goal is to do the following shows every month:
  • 4-6 bar/bat mitzvahs
  • 1-2 birthday parties
  • 1-3 larger events (schools, camps, malls, community centers, etc.)
Other venues that I should try to contact include:
  • Cruise Ships - there are several around the Mediterranean that come through Israel
  • Hotels - especially in resort areas like the Dead Sea and Eilat
  • Amusement Parks - they probably pay poorly but often offer regular work

These are my short-term goals, for the first 3-4 months of my new career. Within a year, I'll need to double those numbers.

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Leah Goodman said...

best of luck!

I hope you'll get lots and lots of big expensive shows

 

Post a Comment

<< Home