Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Interesting Upcoming Gigs

A couple unique requests were processed today.

1. A family of former immigrants to Israel are now doing business from Turkey and are planning now for a January, 2007 bar mitzvah. Much of their event will be run by locals but they decided that it's crucial to have a Jewish juggler. Their plan is to fly me out on a Friday, arrange my accomodations, have me perform on Saturday night, and return me home on Sunday. Yes, an all-expenses vacation to Istanbul! Plus my regular fee, of course. I'm even going to collect an extra finder's fee for arranging a Jewish musician to come along, too.

2. An organization that supports disabled veterans is sponsoring a wheelchair basketball game and are in need of halftime entertainment. It's hard to play to large crowds on both sides
(especially when I don't juggle rings which are the ideal prop from side view), but they only require 10 minutes so I was able to come up with some suitable material.

PS - It's 1:30am and I wrote this post with one hand and a small child falling asleep on my lap. I'm losing the battle against jetlag.

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've been contacted a couple of times in the past with offers to go on cruises on the Mediterranean, usually bound for Turkey. I declined every time as this is completely not for me (to leave my family for a few days and go on a cruise? you must be kidding!) but I think it might be right up your alley. I never bothered to take any contact details for these people, but perhaps you can try to make these contacts yourself. Take the initiative (if you are inclined to) and send some P.R. material to "Mano Sapanut" and whoever else might be operating such pleasure cruises from Israel. There can't be too many of them and they can't be too hard to find out, as they are probably accessible from any travel agency or even the yellow pages.
Just an idea for you that came to my mind as I was reading how enthusiastic you are about you Turkey gig. As they say, one man's poison is another man's bread.

 
At February 22, 2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Leah Goodman said...

awesome gigs... but more importantly, give the small child an extra hug from me. t.c.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home