Saturday, February 11, 2006

Priorities

Of course I'd like to leave my mark in the juggling world, but I have many things I'd like to accomplish in life. In geek mode earlier today I read an article about Apple Computer's co-founder, Steve Wozniak. A lot of commendable things were written about Steve, but the quote that got me thinking the most is that "his greatest achievement is being a good father to his kids."

My kids are the most important thing to me. They make me feel happy in a way that nothing else can. I love playing with them, reading to them, teaching them, and just being with them. I feel pride in everything they accomplish. And I savor the purity of their love. And of course I give them a lot of love in return.

The past time has been rough because they've been with their mother for over a month. They will be returning next week and will be with me alone for more than 6 weeks until their mother returns. I'm totally looking forward to the time. It's precisely when my day job ends (yay - only one more week!) and I have a lot of things I want to do with them.

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't agree with you more on that one. Of all my achievements (assuming there are some), my kids are first on the list.
I've been working for over two years on a new solo show, and my kids are the primary reason that I can not really dedicate myself to it full time. Sometimes it's hard, feeling frustrated or craving for a few more precious moments for working on it, but I would never choose otherwise, and they will always come before anythign else.
Have fun with them in the next month and a half!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home