Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Learning From Ofer

So, I met with Ofer last week. I wasn't sure what to expect.

I thought that maybe he would want to represent me as an agent. On one hand, I thought that he had bad motives - just to make money off me. On the other hand, I would like to have someone to find me some work. But it doesn't really matter, because that's not what happened - he didn't offer to help me directly.

But he gave me mountains of helpful information. He gave me lists of contacts in various industries - event organizers, schools, malls, trade show companies, even television contacts. He told me a lot about the different styles of the individuals and how to approach them. We spoke a bit about advertising materials and distribution methods. He gave me a realistic view of what the situation is.

And overall, he was just a nice guy. I spent about 5 hours at Ofer's house and I really appreciate his (and his wife's) kindness. I feel a guilty that I thought that he had bad intentions. He was truly selfless in what he shared with me. Thanks, Ofer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home