Saturday, February 18, 2006

Street Performing

When I spoke to Ofer a couple weeks ago, one thing he spoke about was street performing. When I first got started, I did street performing on Jerusalem's pedestrian mall, Ben Yehuda Street, but I hadn't really thought of going back since it's not my preferred performance style. But, as I'm getting started, I may have to compromise and do certain things just for the money. Actually, another good thing is that it's good publicity and hopefully it could help me get some gigs.

Last weekend I went to Tel Aviv's Nachalat Binyamin which has arts and crafts fairs on Tuesdays and Fridays. I saw 3 juggling street performances (Uri Weiss and wife, Gili, and Edgar (not to mention running into another juggler, Michal Abulafia, a little while later on Shenkin Street). I hadn't really seen any street performing for many years and it really got me thinking. Hey, maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I could see a lot of my material working in this setting. I have some ideas for how to customize my routines to the street as well as some nice additions that may work.

Yeah, I think it's something I'll pursue and try to develop to be ready by early summer.

Technorate Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home